Monday, December 15, 2014

Broken

Reek could hear no more. "Please, m'lord, m'lady, there's been some mistake." He fell to his knees, trembling like a leaf in a winter storm, tears streaming down his ravaged cheeks. "I'm not him, I'm not the turncloak, he died at Winterfell. My name is Reek." He had to remember his name. "It rhymes with freak."
How the mighty have fallen, Theon Greyjoy was taken captive by Ramsay Bolton, formerly Ramsay Snow, and Theon was tortured until his breaking point. Ramsay had even removed Theon's genitals just because he could. Ramsay gave him the name Reek, and told him to only go by that name. Once I hated Theon, he turned on the North and turned Winterfell into ruins, but once I read this passage I couldn't help but feel sad, Theon has been abandoned by everyone around him, I wish they would kill him already for the sake of mercy.
Theon Greyjoy, now turned into Reek, a broken servant

No comments:

Post a Comment