Friday, September 5, 2014

Assassin's Creed Black Flag: Evolved Origin

Edward Kenway's origin is not one I appreciate(given the fact that I've been told that I don't appreciate anything). In the game and the novel, Edward knows not of the Assassins or Templars, their ideologies, or their motivations. He was simply naive of the conflict he was embroiled in, I would have taken a different approach. To start with, I would have had him be an Assassin from the beginning, simply because it would be a nice twist to see and would provide an interesting transition from Assassin to Templar. Although he becomes a pirate, which I don't mind and is perfect, this change will ensure that he is a renegade or rebel of the crown, the Assassins, and the Knight's Templar, which fits his pirate trained by Assassins theme. Ultimately, the story becomes a redemption story, a man was greedy, and in the end, he found something to live for, something real, something beyond himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment